PATC-Trainingskurs "High-performance computing with Python" @ JSC
- 12.06.2017 09:00 Uhr
- 13.06.2017 16:30 Uhr
- JSC, Jülich
Python is being increasingly used in high-performance computing projects. It can be used either as a high-level interface to existing HPC applications and libraries, as embedded interpreter, or directly.
This course combines lectures and hands-on session. We will show how Python can be used on parallel architectures and how performance critical parts of the kernel can be optimized using various tools.
Using Python productively for parallel computing
- Interactive parallel programming with IPython
- Profiling and optimization
- High-performance NumPy and SciPy, numba
- Distributed-memory parallel programming with Python and MPI
- Bindings to other programming languages and HPC libraries
- Interfaces to GPUs
This course is aimed at scientists who wish to explore the productivity gains made possible by Python for HPC.
This course is a PRACE Advanced Training Centres (PATC) course.